Are you interested in running a higher education institution? Do you want to make a first professional experience or reorient yourself? Do you want to make yourself useful while having an intercultural experience? To work with people from different backgrounds?
Since the start of the 2015/2016 academic year, the Franco-German Office for Youth (OFAJ) has set up a Franco-German Volontariat in higher education allowing young people living in France to perform a civic service mission in an institution. higher education in Germany. We are now looking for young people who wish to engage in a structure in higher education from September 2018 for 10 months.
The mission of Volontariat is essentially to contribute to the animation of the university and non-university life of the host institution. You will be able to commit yourself to promote your language and culture, help set up cultural, sports and scientific projects, support students who are candidates for mobility in France / Europe, or take initiatives you – and offer animations to the students of your school.
The Civic Service is the opportunity to live new enriching and formative experiences. It will allow you to get acquainted with the university and extra-university environment of the neighboring country and to improve your knowledge of German outside of a classical academic mobility.
In this context, the missions vary according to the host institutions. Examples of missions:
- European and international opening by organizing specific projects around youth mobility (Franco-German meetings, seminars, etc.).
- Accompaniment of student candidates for mobility in France / Europe (search for internships, etc.).
- Areas of intervention that contribute to the success and personal fulfillment of volunteers as citizens (social commitment, specific support for students with disabilities, foreign students or first-year students, etc.).
- Organization of cultural events (cultural / “Stammtische” evenings, cultural outings or animation of a Franco-German theater troupe)
- Participation in the development of Franco-German projects supported by the OFAJ (Franco-German Day, cooperation with Young Ambassadors OFAJ, Projects 1234, etc.)
Conditions of participation :
- Be between 18 and 25 years old
- Have knowledge in German of at least one level B1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Place of permanent residence in France
- Openness, curiosity for other cultures
- Initiative ability Dynamism
- Organizational and communication capacity
Franco-German Volontariat in Higher Education in Germany 2018/2019
Financing arrangements :
- Compensation of the Civic Service Agency from € 513.31 / month
- Cash or in-kind assistance of a minimum value of € 107.58 / month or accommodation made available by the host organization (free of charge or at reduced rent) if possible
- The OFAJ covers the cost of the Dr. Walter supplementary insurance (health insurance, civil liability, professional and private insurance, accident insurance, insurance abroad and repatriation).
Mission locations are spread all over Germany.
You must apply on our VFA @ IN online platform : http://vfa-in.ofaj.org
Please prepare a CV and cover letter in German for your application.