Closing of the Nepal Library Kunchok project


As a reminder, between 2016 and 2018, sixty French volunteers from AMSED participated in the construction of a library and a computer room in a Nepalese school destroyed after the 2015 earthquake.

In the summer of 2020, a final group of volunteers was scheduled to travel to Kunchok to provide missing books and help decorate the reading room. The group was composed of volunteers from AMSED, ERAGE (student lawyers) and SOLHIMAL (volunteers from an international solidarity association), accompanied by Sacha Partouche, founder of the project.
Unfortunately, the health crisis prevented this trip.
Indeed, the final step of our project, which consisted in filling the library with books, was a great success.

Thanks to an umpteenth mobilization and a great collective effort, a fundraiser in early 2021 raised a total of 950 euros.

This action was carried out on the online platform Leetchi as well as through the sale of 4kg of Christmas cakes made by the very generous and dedicated Suzanne Martin and her daughters, whom we warmly embrace and sold by AMSED in its network.

These funds allowed the school’s local partner to purchase nearly 500 books (for 90% of the budget) as well as equipment for the students’ physical education classes (volleyballs and nets, badminton racks, soccer balls etc.) with the remaining 10%.

The goal has been largely reached, and even exceeded, the library project is well and truly completed and the children of the school can now fully enjoy it.