The AMSED team organized a dozen of Urban Walks from June to October 2020 with the refugees and their families as part of the Discovery of places symbolizing Europe and sustainable development for a journey that starts from the Republic Square and ends at the Orangery Park.
The Urban Walks started at Place de la République, a symbolic place in the heart of the city of Strasbourg which is illustrated by the presence of important buildings or monuments such as :
- The imperial palace
- The national theater of Strasbourg
- The Regional Public Finance Department of Grand Est and Bas-Rhin Department and the Bas-Rhin Prefecture
- The national and university library of Strasbourg
The tour then continued to the Botanical Garden, the lungs of Strasbourg, it covers an area of 3.5 ha, 1 km east of the cathedral. Participants were able to discover the biodiversity of plants and the culture of sustainable development.
The next step was to discover the different European institutes:
- Council of Europe
- European Court of Human Rights
- European Parliament in Strasbourg
Finally, the route ends at the Orangery Park, the oldest park in the city where the participants and their children had the opportunity to have fun on the playgrounds, the vintage car circuit, its mini-farm and its zoo.